The latest technologies will be unveiled at CES 2017, which opens in Las Vegas on Thursday, January 5. Award Winning Tech Expert Mario Armstrong has partnered with 5 brands that gives a glimpse into this year’s line-up of electronics, gizmos and gadgets.
CES is celebrating it’s 50th anniversary this year. The first CES took place in New York City in June of 1967. Since then, thousands of products have been announced at the yearly show, including many that have transformed consumers lives: such as the Videocassette Recorder (VCR), 1970; Compact Disc Player, 1981; High Definition Television (HDTV), 1998; 3D HDTV, 2009; Ultra HDTV, Flexible OLED, Driverless Car Technology, 2013.
Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA), CES 2017 is the world’s largest annual innovation event and takes place January 5-8, 2017, in Las Vegas. The 2017 CES will draw more than 150,000 industry professional attendees to witness the next generation of consumer technology. More than 3,500 exhibitors will debut 20,000 new products across more than 2 million net square feet of exhibit space.
During the tour, Mario Armstrong uncovered 5 cool tech trends and gadgets.
LG SIGNATURE 77W7 OLED TV
The LG SIGNATURE 77W7 OLED is the world’s first ultra-thin Picture-On-Wall OLED TV! It is more popularly known as “Wallpaper TV” and is the thickness of just one tenth of an inch. Despite its ultra-thin design, LG’s radical new Picture-on-Wall aesthetic still delivers the unmatched picture quality only OLED can deliver. The W7 flaunts a previously impossible form factor: the light, thin, slightly flexible screen attaches directly to the wall and delivers perfect black, Active HDR plus 4K resolution, as well as next-generation Dolby Atmos surround sound.
- Priced at TBD.
- Available for purchase in 2017.
- For more information, visit www.lg.com/us/lg-signature-products.
Obsidian is the only slim, key-free smart lock from leading lock manufacturer, Kwikset. Designed for style conscious homeowners, Obsidian is the perfect smart lock for any modern home. The low-profile smart lock is available with standalone or connected capabilities so homeowners can control Obsidian using the touchscreen or their smartphones. Plus, homeowners with Z-Wave security systems can integrate the sleek smart lock to create a smarter home.
Obsidian will be available in 2017 for the suggested retail price $179 (standalone) or $229 (Z-Wave enabled).
- Priced at $179.00 for the Standalone version and $229.00 for the Z-Wave enabled version.
- Available for purchase in the spring of 2017 and retailers will be announced on www.kwikset.com.
- For more information, visit www.kwikset.com.
Dell XPS 13 2-in-1
Dell’s most award-winning product now in a 2-in-1
- Dell’s XPS laptops are considered by many to be the best Windows devices on the market with more than 300 awards including ‘Laptop of the Year’ two years running now from both WIRED and Laptop Magazine. The XPS stands out because of its revolutionary InfinityEdge display, which provides a more fully immersive, edge-to-edge viewing experience which enables Dell to put a 13.3 inch screen in an 11inch laptop.
- At CES, Dell has announced it is making the InfinityEdge display available in a 2-in-1 for the first time. The XPS 13 2-in-1 will be the smallest 13-inch 2-in-1 on the planet and has a 360 degree hinge for 4 modes of use – so you can use it as a tablet or in tent or presentation mode.
- The XPS 13 2-in-1 is already winning its own awards too like being named a CES 2017 Innovation Award Honoree for its innovative design, long battery life, UltraSharp QHD+ touch display, which makes everything you see on the screen more lifelike.
- With 7th Gen Intel® Core i5 and i7 processors, the XPS 13 2-in-1 delivers amazing performance. Plus, Dynamic Power Mode provides extra power when you need it, delivering up 10% more performance than previous generation XPS 13. The new XPS 13 2-in-1 is available now at www.Dell.com.
- Pricing starts at $999.99.
- Available for purchase at www.dell.com and Best Buy.
- For more information, visit www.xpsbydell.com.
Huawei Mate 9
The Huawei Mate 9 is a step ahead for smartphone technology, solving consumers’ most common complaints: slow performance over time, bad battery life, and poor camera quality. The Mate 9 changes everything with Huawei’s new Kirin 960 chipset, which delivers blistering speeds for a smooth, responsive, and lightning-fast mobile experience. Paired with Huawei’s Machine Learning Algorithm, this smartphone is so smart it learns which apps to prioritize based on your usage, helping to keep it fast for longer.
Power isn’t a problem with the Mate 9’s 4000 mAh battery. Lab tests show it has the power to last more than two days, while innovative SuperCharge technology can deliver about a full day’s charge in just 20 minutes.
Mate 9 also produces stunning photographs thanks to a second generation Leica dual-lens camera, featuring a 12-megapixel RBG sensor and 20-megapixel monochrome sensor. Optical Image Stabilization and a hybrid 4-in-1 Auto Focus make images look better, brighter, and more professional.
- Priced at $599.99.
- Available for purchase at more than 600 Best Buy stores and on www.BestBuy.com, as well as on e-retailers Amazon, Newegg, and B&H.
- For more information, visit consumer.huawei.com.
U by Moen™ shower
Moen is changing the showering category with the U by Moen™ shower. This next-generation Wi-Fi/cloud-based digital showering system offers mobile connectivity and unmatched personalization, providing homeowners countless ways to create their ideal showering experience with the push of a button. The U by Moen smartphone app allows users to create up to 12 personalized presets including name, greeting, outlets, temperature, shower timer and notifications. There’s also the ability to have the shower pause at initial start-up once it reaches the desired temperature. It’s available in a two- or four-outlet digital valve that enables the user to connect up to four shower fixtures.
- Priced at $1,116.00 for the Two-function controller and valve and $2,200.00 for the Four-function controller and valve. * NOTE: showerheads and trim not included.
- For more product details or where to buy information, visit http://www.moen.com/u.