This is the pinnacle of the Samsung LED TV lineup, the ES8000 Smart LED TV, which offers the very best in 2D and 3D picture quality, for a bright picture and high contrast.
Look at this beautiful minimalist design: this metallic U-shape stand that matches the TV’s thin metallic bezel. But it’s the ES8000’s smart features that are making all of the news at the show. Samsung’s new Smart Interaction technology allows you to control the volume, change the channel and launch apps with Voice Control, Motion Control and Face Recognition.
Samsung also announced new apps including Angry Birds, Discovery Channel, NBC’s Bravo, Epicurious, which will be added to its list of popular apps like Netflix, Hulu Plus, Pandora and Facebook on Samsung Apps and Samsung Media Hub. The ES8000’s dual-core processor allows you to experience true multi-tasking, including tabbed web browsing and running multiple apps simultaneously.
For more information, visit www.samsung.com
Nexia Home Intelligence
Nexia Home Intelligence is a new smart home automation system from home industry leaders Trane and Schlage that helps everything in your home speak one simple language.
Nexia makes a home truly responsive to homeowners’ growing desire for safety, comfort and efficiency while supporting today’s mobile lifestyles. Using any Web-enabled computer and most smart phones, homeowners can use Nexia to remotely manage key features in the home, including door locks, heating and cooling, video surveillance and storage (allowing people to record live video in their home), lights, sensor scheduling for windows and doors (sensors identify when a door or window is opened, closed, locked or unlocked), window and door shade control and whole-home energy usage. Using Nexia Home Intelligence, homeowners can kick on the heat on their Trane ComfortLink II Control, unlock the front door with Schlage locks, and switch on or off the lights all while away from home. Users can also receive text alerts when their kids arrive home from school safely, the dog walker comes and goes, or a contractor arrives and then departs after completing a job.
Nexia has a new user interface design featuring an easily accessible dashboard and omni-present device navigation.The Nexia Home Intelligence System is a 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show Design and Engineering Honoree in the Integrated Home Products Category.
A variety of customizable Nexia Home Intelligence Kits and additional products are available, including the Home Security Kit which includes a Schlage® Home Keypad, Nexia® Home Base, which communicates with more than 200 Z-Wave devices in the home and the Schlage® Home Light Controller. This kit sells for $299 and is currently available through nexiahome.com, amazon.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com and select Lowe’s stores.
For more information on Nexia Home Intelligence and monthly subscription fees and plans, visit www.nexiahome.com
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 boasts a brilliant Super AMOLED™ Plus touchscreen display, allowing customers to watch movies, view pictures and play games that come to life in high-definition 720p (1280×800) resolution. The Galaxy Tab 7.7 features a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor and HTML 5 Web browser to quickly access the Web, stream music and more at blazing speeds using the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network. The Galaxy Tab 7.7 measures less than half an inch and weighs only about 12 oz., making this tablet one of the most portable premium and stylish tablets available.
The Galaxy Tab 7.7 features Peel Smart Remote that allows customers to find and watch their favorite TV shows and discover new shows based on their preferences through built-in infrared blaster. Customers can also control their home entertainment system using Peel Smart Remote regardless of manufacturer with the Tab 7.7, all with the tap of a finger. Additionally, the Galaxy Tab 7.7 will launch as a SAFE™ certified device. The SAFE certification signifies that the Tab 7.7 is equipped with an exclusive suite of security features that deliver enterprise-friendly capabilities to help safeguard sensitive data and communications, including Mobile Device Management (MDM), on-device Encryption, Virtual Private Network (VPN) and corporate email, calendar and contacts.
- Samsung TouchWiz™ – Designed with Live Panels for customizing the home screen with digital pictures, favorite Web sites and social network feeds. In addition, the TouchWiz UX includes a Mini Apps tray of commonly used features, such as task manager, calendar and music player which can be launched while other apps are already in use. The clipboard feature allows customers to copy and paste texts and images.
- Mobile Hotspot capability – Share your 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices or 3G connection with up to 5 Wi-Fi enabled devices
- Android™ 3.2, Honeycomb – Supports Google™ Mobile Services including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™, Google Search™, Google Maps™, and access to Google Books™, movie rentals, and more than 400,000 apps on Android Market™
- Samsung Apps – Samsung Apps is a recommendation engine that aggregates over 50,000 apps from the Android Market that are optimized for Honeycomb. Samsung Apps also adds a social element by allowing consumers to share the apps they like with friends on Facebook®.
- Samsung Media Hub – Offering a vast lineup of critically acclaimed films and TV programs for rent or purchase (TV content can only be purchased)
- Samsung Social Hub – Built around messaging, which allows customers to send and receive information, whether it is email (Exchange, POP3/IMAP), social network updates (Twitter™, Facebook and LinkedIn®)
- 3-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash and full 720p recording and 1080p playback (1080p playback through HDMI dock or adapter)
- Front-facing 2-megapixel camera for video chat
For more information, please visit www.samsungwireless.com