The latest technologies were unveiled at CES 2017, which opened in Las Vegas on Thursday, January 5. Award Winning Tech Expert Mario Armstrong gives a first look into this year’s line-up of electronics, gizmos and gadgets.
CES is celebrating it’s 50th anniversary this year. The first CES took place in New York City in June of 1967. Since then, thousands of products have been announced at the yearly show, including many that have transformed consumers lives: such as the Videocassette Recorder (VCR), 1970; Compact Disc Player, 1981; High Definition Television (HDTV), 1998; 3D HDTV, 2009; Ultra HDTV, Flexible OLED, Driverless Car Technology, 2013.
Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA), CES 2017 is the world’s largest annual innovation event and takes place January 5-8, 2017, in Las Vegas. The 2017 CES will draw more than 150,000 industry professional attendees to witness the next generation of consumer technology. More than 3,500 exhibitors will debut 20,000 new products across more than 2 million net square feet of exhibit space.
Mario Armstrong partnered with the following companies to feature their cool tech trends and gadgets for 2017.
Samsung Chromebook Plus
Building on the success of the original Chromebook, Samsung Chromebook Plus is slim, lightweight and welcomes the category’s first ever digitized pen for enhanced functionality, along with convenient access to more than two million Android apps via Google Play. Chromebook Plus features a 360-degree rotating screen, performing as both a powerful notebook and premium tablet. Complete with a stunning, immersive Quad HD resolution display made of durable Gorilla Glass 3, Chromebook Pro redefines the Chromebook experience, offering the ideal balance of productivity and multimedia entertainment in a portable, user-friendly package.
- For more information, visit www.samsung.com.
Zera™ Food Recycler
Zera™ Food Recycler turns today’s food scraps into tomorrow’s fertilizer. Made for the kitchen, “it’s the easy-to-use recycler that converts a week’s worth of food waste into ready-to-use homemade fertilizer within 24 hours* through a fully automated process. The result is ready-to-use, homemade fertilizer.
*Based on estimated 3.5 kg weekly household food waste for average U.S. family.
- Priced at $1,199 MSRP for the unit.
- The ZeraTM Food Recycler is available for pre-order on Indiegogo starting TODAY (January 6), and starting early summer 2017, will be available in limited test markets through participating retail partners TreeHouse, Abt and Williams-Sonoma and on www.Zera.com.
- For more information, visit www.zera.com and www.indiegogo.com.
In the smartphone world, the Honor 6X is the budget beast to watch, packing a dual-lens camera, epic battery life, and rock-solid performance, for only $249.99. The dual-lens camera takes superb photos and offers all kinds of professional-quality touches, such as wide aperture to make your subject stand out, and splash function to isolate individual colors for artistic effect. The 6X combines fast-charging technology with a 3340 mAh battery, delivering more than 2 days’ regular use. Fueled by a Kirin 655 Octa-Core CPU, it lets you game, watch videos, listen to music, and run apps seamlessly.
- Priced at $249.99.
- Available for purchase at www.Hihonor.com/us, www.Amazon.com, www.BestBuy.com, www.Newegg.com.
- For more information, visit www.hihonor.com.
Stages Hero™ and Sidekick™
Stages LLC is launching two groundbreaking augmented hearing products, the Hero and Sidekick, on Indiegogo January 12th.
The Hero is an advanced audiophile-quality, over-the-ear noise cancelling pair of headphones with wired or wireless compatibility. The Sidekick is a portable, rechargeable tabletop product that offers the same sound personalization as the Hero and is compatible with nearly all headphones and earbuds.
Both products allow users to hear ambient sound on their own terms by specifying both the direction from which sound is heard, and admittance criteria to let that sound in such as keywords or speaker voice profiles.
- The biggest discounts will start when the campaign launches on January 12th. Priced at $199.00 for the Sidekick and $299.00 for the Hero. Quantities at these early backer prices will be limited! The earlier folks back the campaign, the better pricing they will receive.
- Both products will launch on Indiegogo starting January 12th. Folks can sign up for our email list for reminders about the campaign at www.stages.co/indiegogo.
- For more information, visit www.stages.co.
Norton Core WiFi Router
Norton Core is a uniquely-designed, high-performance WiFi router that will change the way people secure their connected homes. Norton Core uses advanced machine learning and Symantec’s global intelligence network to defend your home WiFi against malware, viruses, hackers and much more. To provide strong wireless coverage, Core has a unique antenna array inside a geodesic dome of interlocking faces, inspired by defense and weather radars deployed in the extreme reaches of the globe. Core’s unique mathematical design encourages users to place it out in the open, as part of their home décor, providing a strong, unobstructed Wi-Fi signal.
- Norton Core is available for pre-orders for a limited time at $199.99 ($279.99 MSRP), bundled with a one-year complimentary subscription to Norton Core Security Plus. With protection for up to 20 PCs, Macs, Android and iOS smartphones and tablets, plus unlimited IoT devices, Norton Core can be pre-ordered in two distinct colors: Titanium Gold or Granite Gray. Norton Core is planned to begin shipping in the United States in summer 2017, with plans to expand globally.
- Pre-orders for Norton Core are available at us.norton.com/core.
- For more information, visit us.norton.com/core.